UUCA Board Secretary Position Description
The Board Secretary takes notes and drafts official meeting minutes for Board meetings, annual and special congregational meetings, and other events as needed.
- Willing and able to make service as a UUCA officer a top priority; able to take accurate notes and timely draft them into meeting minutes, timely submit documents for posting to UUCA’s website, and act in accordance with the Board Covenant.
- Regularly attends all Board and Congregational meetings, services, and other UUCA activities.
- Has the endorsement of two or more individuals who have served in leadership roles at UUCA
- The Secretary shall draft, finalize, and work with UUCA staff to post on UUCA’s website
o the minutes of all Congregation meetings, and
o the records of the Board of Trustees.
- The Secretary shall keep an account and maintain records in UUCA’s systems of documents of general interest to the Congregation.
- The Secretary shall, under the direction of the Board, certify a list of members eligible to vote at each meeting of the Congregation and that notices of all official meetings have been properly sent.
Expected Time Commitment
- Mandatory Board orientation, prior to first Board meeting of new Board.
- Annual Board retreat
- Annual Congregational meeting
- Attendance at Board meetings.
- Drafting accurate minutes, submitting to Board chair in a timely manner, finalizing minutes approved by the Board, working with UUCA staff to timely post approved minutes including relevant exhibits in accordance with Board policy.
- Organizing Board documents for easy access by the congregation on the website. This includes Board-approved policy statements and the UUCA Policy Manual, Board white papers, and reports.