A place to Connect, Grow, and Serve
• Times: 9:15 & 11:15 a.m.
• What to expect: Format, dress, children, and more. Find out here.
• Name Tags: What do our nametags mean?
• Read, discuss, and listen to past sermons
• What's going on day-by-day? See the UUCA monthly
1st Sunday of Advent, December 1, 9:15 & 11:15 a.m. "When Service Is Joy: A New Advent" with Rev. Dr. Linda Olson Peebles. In honor of Hanukkah, the congregation sings Light One Candle, an anthem of the Israeli peace movement.
Sunday, December 8, 9:15 & 11:15 a.m. “In Defense of Barbarians” Bill Schulz, president of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC) , will take up the cause of barbarianism and explain how you, too, may fall into that favored category or at least be allied with it. Chamber Choir sings a Spanish song Cantar una Cancion Alegre! (Sing a Lively Song!) by Jay Althouse.
Sunday, December 15, 9:15 & 11:15 a.m. "Here We Go A-Caroling" A service with much music of the season and a message from Rev. Keyes about things to sing about. The children and youth choirs, the handbell ensembles, and Clerestory Choir will share seasonal music. All musicians and congregation will sing Sing for Peace by Jim Papoulis and Francisco J. Nunez.
Sunday, December 22, 9:15 & 11:15 a.m. "Saving Christmas Again" with Interim Senior Minister David Keyes. Historians agree that Unitarians were largely responsible for establishing Christmas as a major American holiday. Why did our ancestors in faith save it, and how might we save it again?
Christmas Eve - Tuesday, December 24
Sunday, December 29, 11:15 a.m. SINGLE SERVICE ONLY - Service conducted by UUCA's College Students with Rev. Dr. Linda Peebles.
• What to expect on Sundays: Time, format, dress, children, and more. Find out here.
• What do our nametags mean?
• What's going on day-by-day? See the UUCA monthly calendar
• What are the UU Annual Holidays and Events?