A place to Connect, Grow, and Serve
• Times: Current Summer Single Service 10:15 a.m. (After Labor Day: Two Services 9:15 & 11:15 a.m.)
• What to expect: Format, dress, children, and more. Find out here.
• Name Tags: What do our nametags mean?
• Read, discuss, and listen to past sermons
• What's going on day-by-day? See the UUCA monthly
Sunday, August 10, 10:15 a.m. "Consuming Our Faith" - With Rev. Rebekah Montgomery. Our UU social justice sermon is centered around food and justice. Marrying up our eating practices with our values was brought into sharp focus in 2011 by the passing of the Statement of Conscience on Ethical Eating: Food and Environmental Justice. Food as a social justice awareness hits a wide range of issues: the environment, living wages, gender equality, immigration, food deserts (lack of access to fresh fruit and vegetables, such as found in our own nation's capital), among others. This sermon will explore this important topic as part of our shared UU tradition.
Sunday, August 17, 10:15 a.m. “New Journeys” - With Rev. Linda Olson Peebles.
Sunday, August 24, 10:15 a.m. “Choose to Bless the World” - With Rev. Rebekah Montgomery. As a charge to begin the year anew and recognizing the commencement of the next chapter for this congregation, this sermon will explore how we can harness our gifts with kindness and a holy disturbance to choose to bless the world.
Sunday, August 31, 10:15 a.m. “To Be of Use” With Rev. Linda Olson Peebles.
• What to expect on Sundays: Time, format, dress, children, and more. Find out here.
• What do our nametags mean?
• What's going on day-by-day? See the UUCA monthly calendar
• What are the UU Annual Holidays and Events?