Sunday morning groups for children follow nine-month-long curricular resources that introduce important religious topics through story, discussion, crafts, and other activities.
- Sunday morning learning groups and activities for each age group from nursery through 8th grade at both 9:15 and 11:15
- High School Youth Group at 11:15 Sunday mornings
- Middle and high school youth activities at other times
- Inter-generational gatherings and learning groups
Sunday Morning Religious Groups for Our Youngest
Learners: Infants to Four-Year-Olds!
The church community is a first place for many children to feel “at home” outside their home. We are eager to make attendance at church a safe and positive experience for your child. If you have any concerns about allergies or other food-related problems, please let the staff know. For some children, separation from their parents is a difficult and anxious event. If your child is young or new to the program, you are invited to spend all or part of your first few sessions with your child. This gentle settling-in also allows you to meet your child's teachers and other parents.
RE Goals for Children, Grades K-5
The RE Council has articulated the following goals for children participating in the Religious Education Program:
- Develop positive self images
- Become knowledgeable about religion in general and Unitarian Universalism in particular
- Be helped to clarify their values in order to make courageous ethical choices throughout their lives
- Develop a sense of kinship with and responsibility for all living things
- Be alive to the endless possibilities and wonder inherent in life
- Identify themselves as members of an active, caring community which supports them in many ways and is also a force for justice and social responsibility in their community and in the world.
RE Goals for Ministry for Youth, Grades 6-12:
- To provide a bridge between childhood and adulthood
- To discovery and appreciation of personal gifts and talents, a joy of living, and a belief in life's
- potential in a setting which accepts diversity and exploration
- To identify what participants, as adults, will need from a church and why they would choose to be a part of one
Parents & Guardians
• What to Expect
• Registration & Attendance
• RE Calendar
• Music Program
• Infants to Four-Year-Olds
• Elementary School Age Kids
• Middle School Age Kids
• High School Kids
• Learning Outside The Classroom
Summer Camp Program