Meet UUCA’s Nominating Committee
About the Nominating Committee
The charge of the Nominating Committee (NomCom) is to find, recognize, and develop individual leadership potential and encourage an atmosphere that fosters a willingness to serve among our members to ensure thriving and effective leadership within our congregation.
- Composes a slate of nominees for the Board, UUCA’s Officers, and the Nominating Committee which are presented for a vote at the annual meeting each year.
- Recommends the Delegates to UUA’s General Assembly, who are appointed by the Board and presented to the Congregation at UUCA’s annual meeting.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for ad hoc committees such as the Ministerial Search Committee.
- Works to create and encourage a culture where everyone is empowered to engage in volunteer leadership positions throughout the church.
Leadership Position Descriptions
- Board of Trustees
- Board Secretary
- Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer
- Nominating Committee
- General Assembly Delegate