UUCA has an opening for a bookkeeper/financial assistant. The position is part-time at 30 hours a week with benefits.
Bookkeeper Daily to Monthly Tasks:
- Process check requests ensuring proper authorization and coding of expenditures. Gather W-9 information for independent contractors and produce 1099’s at year-end.
- Maintain on-line giving files. Assist members with setting up on-line giving or changes to accounts.
- Post all receipts from on-line giving.
- Post all stock gifts and request transfer of funds from investment account to the general or capital fund.
- Serve as back-up to our volunteer Asst Treasurer in posting contributions paid by check and making bank deposits. Also serve as back up to enter pledges especially during annual campaign.
- Serve as back-up to make deposits of other receipts normally handled by Administrative Coordinator.
- Post all journal entries prepared by others for contributions, plate collection, other receipts and payroll.
- Primary contact with our payroll company to ensure current information on employees’ hours and deductions and payments for additional work.
- Post all general journal entries to record payroll taxes, mortgage, banking fees, investment account balance changes and transfers of expenses between funds.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the finance committee including statement of revenues and expenses, balance sheet and capital campaign source and use of funds.
- Prepare other reports as requested by the Treasurer or Finance Committee Chair including data for the quarterly financial report to the board and various pledge projection reports for the capital and annual campaigns.
- Answer questions from members and friends regarding pledge balances, contributions, tax statements, on-line giving and stock gifts.
- Make corrections to contributions as needed and update pledge amounts as requested by members/friends.
- Provide support to various groups within the church who have designated funds including reporting and reconciling revenue and expenditure information with them.
- Reconcile operating bank account monthly and saving account quarterly.
- Prepare workpapers for annual financial statement audit and serve as primary contact and liaison for auditors with other staff members and committees.
- Prepare annual workers’ compensation audit workpapers.
- Provide annual payroll information to Center for Non-Profit Advancement related to health benefits
- Work with stewardship committee to provide financial updates on annual pledge drive and other support as requested
Start date is early September. Interested applicants should contact Brian Smith, Chief Administrative Officer, email@example.com, with cover letter and resume.