Affinity and Study Groups
Below is a list of UUCA’s affinity groups. As you can see, UUCA’s church family has a wide-range of interests. Joining one or more of these groups is a wonderful way to get to know our church family. Some groups have a special interest to explore and study, others simply gather for fun and fellowship. For more information on a group or how to join a group, please contact our Director of Congregational Life, Sarah Masters, here.
Please keep in mind that schedules may change and the actual list is ever-expanding and contracting. Please confirm with Sarah Masters before attending the first time.
- 30ish Group – Group in their 30s meet for social gatherings.
- Breakfast Club – Informal morning conversation group.
- Day Alliance – Meets second Tuesday for meeting/luncheon (Sept.-June) to hear guest speakers on wide-range of topics.
- Dream Study Group – Shares and explores the meanings of dreams.
- Early Christianities Group – Meets third Wednesday for study and discussion of Christianity history.
- Fellowship X – A spiritual and social fellowship serving GenXers (born 60s-70s).
- Holistic Moms Network – Moms interested in holistic health and green living. Meets third Thursday in the evening.
- Memoirs and More – Share your life experiences through writing in a supportive group setting. Meets every other Thursday in the morning.
- Men’s Book Club – Men gather second Sunday in the evening to discuss a wide-range of fiction and non-fiction.
- Parents of Infants & Preschoolers – Support and social group for parents and children.
- Poker Group – Non-competitive – play for fun and fellowship.
- Quilter’s Group – Quilters gather to work on group projects or individual projects. Must know how to quilt.
- Round Robin Bridge – Non-competitive – play for fun and fellowship.
- Thursday Book Group – Meets third Thursday (1 p.m.) to discuss a wide-range of fiction and non-fiction.
- Wanderers Bowling Team – Plays more for fun than competition. Bowls monthly at Bowl America in Falls Church
- Young Adults – College-agers through 20s meet for social gatherings.